Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mibbu - javascript html5 game framework

I have just published initial release of Mibbu - my javascript microframework for fast game prototyping. To be honest - it is just set of functions and patterns I use always when I write my games. It is more a sandbox, starting place with basic tools, than a real framework (that's why I called it 'microframework'). It provides sprite animations, basic operations like movement or collisions, scrolling backgrounds and drawing on both - canvas or DOM. It uses DOM only when it is not possible to use Canvas (like in older IEs), but you can force it to do so with one single function (canvasOff()) - then it will be drawn with divs & imgs. It is the same mechanics I have used in OpenOdyssey or Janpu. I will try to write something more about using Mibbu later this week.

9 comments:

  1. Dzięki!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! do you plan add Isometric support?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I was working on it even today:). I will implement plugin support for everything more than sprite animations and collision detection, so it will be easy to write your own plugin or choose form that already published and customize Mibbu for your needs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for fast reply, Best of Good Luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Thanks for sharing.
    Though I've got a question and hope to get the answer :)
    what should I do to move frames horizontally but no vertically ?
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have to modify draw() function in sprites module (https://github.com/michalbe/mibbu/blob/master/mibbu.js#L283), just switch t.animation with t.f. I think I will prepare plugin for this also because a lot of people ask for this. I have completely no idea why:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and after that you should change it in the dom part also (lines 296 & 297)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciate your rapidly response, Best of Dolphins, good luck this!


    _________________
    WOW Gold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    html5 converter

    ReplyDelete